I took the girls for their flu shots earlier this month. We all went in together for the their shots and when I asked who wanted to go first, both girls said they did. I thought it would be better to let Cara go first since she was more likely than Hannah to change her mind.
I helped Cara get her coat off and was rolling up her sleeve when Cara saw the needle the nurse was getting ready. It would be an understatement to say that Cara flipped out. She started screaming the thrashing around. She wouldn't calm down.
I asked Hannah if she would like to go first instead. Hannah's response? "Yes, please." Hannah started to take her jacket off. When I told her that she would get her shot in her leg, she very quickly took her tights down around her ankles, hobbled over the chair here Cara was still seated and screaming, pushed Cara out of the chair, turned around and hoisted herself up into the chair, lifted her dress up to expose her leg, looked at the nurse, and slapped her leg where the shot was supposed to go. (The nurse was in hysterics.) She watched the nurse give her the shot and then asked for a princess band-aid for both her and her baby doll. She got them.
In the meantime, Cara had left the room and hidden elsewhere in the doctor's office. Hannah, still with her tights around her ankles, hobbled around the doctor's office yelling, "Wawa, it's your turn!" So now all of the nurses and office staff were in hysterics.
Once I found Cara, I had to hold her in my lap while she got her shot.
OMG, that sounds SO much like my mom's experience with my brother and me! I was the one hysterical and hiding while my brother was like, "no big deal."
ReplyDelete