For those of you who don't know, we're pretty sure Hannah is an old soul.... perhaps even a reincarnation of the Buddha. Sometimes she acts like a regular 4-year-old and other times she says the most disturbingly deep (and entertaining) things. One of my favorites is the time she told one of her daycare teachers that she shouldn't fear death because it happens to everyone eventually.
She recently had what may be a best-ever performance when she tried to console Cara. We found out that our daycare will be closing. Hannah has been there since she was 10 weeks old and Cara has been there since she was 18 months old. They remember nothing else. Although Cara only goes there after school now, she was completely inconsolable when I told the girls about the daycare closing. Hannah, on the other hand, called on her internal Buddha and told Cara in a soothing voice (with her hands held in front of her, palms up), "Do not be sad, Cara. I don't want to leave there either, but change is part of life. We will go somewhere new... together. We will make new friends.... together. This is life."
5/20/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Next time I have a break-down I'm calling Hannah. ~Yab
ReplyDelete