8/22/13

Summer Wrap-Up

I realize that I haven't posted all summer. Therefore, just in time for the new school year to begin, I will provide you with a review of the Feather girls' summer...

Vegas, Baby....
Cara and Hannah continued the summer tradition of spending a week with Darrin's family. They spend the first half of the week with Darrin's parents and the second half of the week with Darrin's brother and sister-in-law. I cannot provide pictures of this major summer event because tradition holds that what happens at Grandma and Pap's house or at Uncle Kevin and Aunt Angie's house stays there. All I know is that they really like it, so I probably don't want to know what happens.

Outdoor Fun
We spent quite a bit of time at the arboretum.

We aren't into social media, so this may be the closest thing to a selfie you ever get from us.

I think it's safe to say that no one is crossing this bridge without permission.


































Summer Camp
The girls enjoy the arboretum so much that they even spent 1 week at summer camp there. They informed me that they want to go there for 55 weeks next summer. Apparently we need to discuss number of weeks in a month, summer, year, etc. Regardless, I thought this picture of them on the first day of camp was very telling of their personalities.


Ear Piercing
We hit several milestones for Cara this summer. She's been begging to get her ears pierced so I finally took her to do that. I was very proud of her. She tends to freak out over needles and other sharp things, but she handled the piercing like a pro.

No tears here!

Training Wheels
Darrin took the training wheels off Cara's bike. Although that hasn't been going so well, she says she will keep trying. While Darrin was working with Cara, Hannah was riding her John Deere bike like her usual rebel self.

What's balance got to do with it? Just don't let go.

Look, Ma.... No hands!

A Visit From The Tooth Fairy
After many months of desperation over not having lost any teeth, Cara lost her first tooth!

She actually asked if I thought the tooth fairy would bring her $50.
Dayton
We visited the Lawhorne side of the family for a long weekend in August. It was a rushed trip, but we all had a good time.

Girl cousins rock!
A word to the wise, though... Don't let Darrin make hotel reservations or you might end up with 1 king size bed for the entire family.

Yeah, Elizabeth was supposed to fit between Darrin and Hannah.


Beach
We had our 2nd annual beach week at Sea Isle City with friends. Hannah's favorite activity was making sand angels. I still don't understand how she can stand having so much sand in all her crevices. Although she joined Cara for some boogie boarding, I don't think there is anyone on the face of this earth that enjoys boogie boarding as much as Cara. At this point, I think she will grow up to be a marine biologist and surfer.





No comments:

Post a Comment