Every afternoon Hannah and I read together. Hannah picks the books and I read them to her. No matter how many times I asked, suggested, pleaded that she try reading some of the words with me, she wasn't interested. Then, the other day I was waiting for her to pick the books we were going to read and she came over with a set of Bob Books and informed me, "I'm five. I should be able to read these." And she did. With practically zero help from me. What was her rationale for spontaneously reading? Well, according to Hannah, kids in school can read and kids start school when they are 5; therefore, because she is 5, she should be able to read. I love the logic.
2/28/13
Insight
To put it nicely, Hannah has a strong will. She does everything on her own terms. She even potty trained by announcing (out of the blue, while still in diapers), "I will wear underwear today." She's been in underwear ever since. Based on the personality she has displayed since birth, I shouldn't be surprised by what happened the other day, but it's still note worthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment