4/23/13

The busy birthday month of March

March is an incredibly busy birthday month for us. In March we take time out to celebrate the births of (deep breath).... Mia, Kevin, Meggan, Heidi, Stephen, Clinton, Darrin, and Cara.

Let's cut right to the most important part... We celebrated Cara's 7th birthday in March. She got to have her first birthday party, which consisted of 11 girls (ages 5 to 7) decorating tote bags at Michaels. A few important things to note about that party:

1. I have never seen such large quantities of cheese consumed by such little bodies. (Note to self: Next time provide Miralax as party favors.)
2. I am so incredibly glad we opted to rent the room at Michaels for $50 instead of trying it at home. I would have been a nervous wreck.
3. I am beyond lucky to have a friend like Lauren who (despite having no children and visibly twitching when you surround her by children) came to help out.

The kids all seemed to love it. A good time was had by all. (Especially Darrin who spent most of the party down the street at the bar at Red Robin.)

Here's a picture of Cara on her actual birthday with her dolphin cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment