In Cara's first two years of school, she did not have a single snow day. This year, however, the school district is making up for that. After having Christmas break from Saturday, December 21 through Wednesday, January 1, Cara and Hannah were forced to return to school on Thursday, January 2 (end of the world). That first day back at school must have been rough on everyone, because they had a snow day the next day. After enjoying a 3-day weekend, the girls went back to school that Monday. They were then forced to attend school Monday through Friday for the next two weeks! Then, around came MLK, Jr. Day. What was supposed to be a 3-day weekend, became a 5-day weekend when their school district added 2 more snow days to the tally. West Chester University was also closed, so I didn't have to attend the first 2 days of classes for the semester. Then, on Thursday, when I had to head back for classes, the girls got a snow delay. Thankfully, Darrin was off that morning, so he was able to get the girls to school and I was able to get to my first day of classes for the semester. And now, today, in anticipation of more snow and ice, the girls' school district has closed and so has West Chester University. As Cara and I look out the window at rain melting away our remaining snow, we have to giggle at having a snow day. (Although it is supposed to start snowing and getting icy around 9, so I'm glad for the cancellations.)
It's been a winter full of snow. We've seen well over a foot of the fluffy (and sometimes icy) stuff. Let's just say that Cara and Hannah enjoy it more than I do. I do enjoy seeing them out playing in it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment